Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Sunday Routine

I love Sundays in Washington, especially since with all the newspaper cutbacks and downsizings, literally, the Washington Post Sunday edition is light enough that I can lift it with my brackets with ease, and the narrow paper fits just right on my screens. It all makes for a leisurely morning: a good cup of coffee, waffles, the Best Buy inserts, and then off to worship.

Oh, I'm not religious or anything. That's just what we in the Obama Administration call working at the White House on Sunday.

It's not that bad an assignment, really. Work is light, and late in the afternoon, when most people have gone home, I can take my daily constitutional through the Rose Garden. Though I've had to stop using that word to describe my speed-walking regime. Last time I mentioned it in the Commissary, I was told Gregory Craig and the Counsel guys just hate to hear the term "constitutional" used around the West Wing.

15 comments:

  1. Do you get to go to Camp David?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So when can we expect you to get a solo gig on one of the Sunday news shows? It would do wonders for your street-cred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOTUS, I take it the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and the Federalist Papers are taboo. Not a surprise with the lot you are hanging out with.

    So, which Sunday news programs do you watch? I bet Fox is out of the question.

    What do watch after that? I take NASCAR is a no no, too.

    http://franklinslocke.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the Americans don't like the anti Constitutional stance of the White House but I hear the EU thinks it's just great....

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTUS, the problem with 'constitutional' is that it's such a dirty word. They don't even use it any more at The NY Times.

    Instead, use the words 'Party like hell' or 'I need to take a budget'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, a religion of change!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you read The Washington Post, do you? What do you do with The New York Times...wad it up to wash your screen with some vinegar? Or do you send it over to the Oval Office for toilet paper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you drink regular or decaf? Is it Maxwell House, Starbucks, or maybe Chock Full'a Nuts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there any truth to the rumor about you and the Boss's autopen? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTUS,

    Do you and Big Boy's blackberry ever find time to chat?

    ReplyDelete
  11. And who does the twitters for POTUS? Does that job get passed around?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you have a sort of Barry White-esque text for the Big Guy when he's getting ready to make sweet love to Michelle's arms?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is it true the thermostat in the WH is set @ 80+ so BO can work in his short sleeves ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. bahahaha. they hate to hear the word 'constitutional' around here. well said.

    ReplyDelete