Sunday, March 29, 2009

Travels with Michelle

We'll be heading back from Camp David to the White House shortly, but I was surprised last night when the First Lady came to my room to talk.

It was announced on Friday that Michelle will be doing a couple of commencement addresses, and she asked if I'd be willing to work with her on her speeches. I think it's fairly well known that the First Lady and I have not always gotten along. This goes way back to her and Big Guy's dating days in Chicago. Whenever we'd go out for drives, for example, the conversations were always a bit stilted because Big Guy had a tough time reading the screens via the rear-view mirror when I was in the backseat. But I digress.

I'll be happy to help Michelle with her speeches, particularly the one in early June, when she will speak to the graduating class of Washington Mathematics Science Technology Public Charter School, because this is one of those "Everyone Wins" opportunities. Michelle gets to inspire the kids on everything from body-tone workouts, shoe buying and the importance of education. And the Mathematics and Science graduates can explain to us our Administration's deficit formula.

11 comments:

  1. Perhaps our first lady can ask the mathematicians a question for me:

    How is it possible for the Obama administration to spend trillions more than his predecessor but still claim that he will cut the deficit in half?

    Perhaps there is a formula I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for "digressing". I don't think my stomach could handle the details :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe thay relegated you to the back seat. I guess you weren't appreciated then like you are now.

    Will you be doing a flyover of flood-ravaged ND? We wouldn't want Potus to be accused of indifference to the suffering of certain kinds of Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She can also give them instruction on how to get into ivy league colleges even though you don't have the grades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be interesting to see if the math students can figure out Obamanomics! Check out my comments on the subject on my blog.

    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOTUS, if the Big Guy read you thru a mirror, wouldn't you have to "reverse" the text to make it readable? Why add more stress to a date?
    Suggestions to TOTUS fans: don't pursue questions or propose images about that back seat. There may be children reading...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee333, I bet TOTUS did a bank shot: projected onto the rear window, which, reflected into the rear-view mirror, would be in the correct orientation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the administration could use some remedial math. Maybe there are a few night courses in D.C.?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess that was back in the day they didn't have in dash technology. So sad.

    Add gardening techniques into the speeches. Everyone is interested in the hoeing of the First Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTUS, speaking of graduation commencement speeches - are you going to be at Notre Dame with POTUS? I am worried that the crowds will be less friendly than is the norm due to the Catholic folks, people not understanding the need for healthy disagreement over things like abortion. I'm afraid you will be hard pressed to keep POTUS on task if there are hecklers or protesters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you suppose Michelle will teach them how she keeps her arms so tone?

    ReplyDelete