Monday, March 23, 2009

This Is Getting Ugly

I knew rooming with Rahm was going to have some repercussions. But wow, I didn't see this one coming.

I was in the morning briefing, just scrolling my own business, letting Big Guy follow the agenda on my screen, when I notice Rahm and Gibbsy giving each other a look. That can't be good ... ever, I'm thinking. Then Gibbs drops the bombshell. "S-S-Sir," he stutters to The Boss, "about tomorrow night. We're thinking ... all of us ... it's a group decision ... everyone agrees wholeheartedly ... that you should do the press conference, without, you know, um, your 'aide.'" He did little quote marks with his fingers when he said, "aide" like none of us knew who he was talking about. Big Guy, to his credit, said he'd take the suggestion under advisement.

I knew it was a mistake making Gibbs a "staffer with privileges." Like me and Rahm and a couple of others, he's one of the few who can walk into the Oval without an appointment. While it would be easy to just think that this was Gibbs asserting himself, I see Rahm's hand behind this little power play.

That's okay, though. I'll get my revenge soon enough. I short-sheeted Rahm's bed this morning before I left.

13 comments:

  1. Don't be surprised if you wake up with an amputed prompter screen beside you. Rahm doesn't fool around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there TOTUS. In no time you’ll be in front of the camera again, I mean stage right and left of the camera again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in tears.......I love you Totus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be careful around "Dead Fish" Emmanuel. I heard he is handy with a knife and saying “dead.” Now, if you asked to go to Fort Marcy Park, don’t go.

    http://franklinslocke.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please - Rahm knows HOW MUCH WORSE things would be without TOTUS! Talk about job security :!) Keep the info coming, as only you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the short sheeting doesn't work.....try dipping his hand into warm water while he sleeps.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could always show up to Gibbs press briefing unannounced and ask some good questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope that he don't do the press conference without you. That would be very bad!

    www.johnhuntspace.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get yourself some accessories like an "Ash Tray" or "Built in Lighter" so POTUS CAN'T be without you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry, Telly. Whenever he's without you, The Big Guy makes stupid jokes about mentally challenged people or starts giggling to the camera. I doubt he'll make the mistake of leaving you behind again. If he screws up, though, you're in like flint...

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I short-sheeted Rahm's bed this morning before I left."

    But will he notice? He's rather short, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obama is so deep in crap he needs a scuba outfit. Without you he would just be a pretty fuggily face.

    Good Luck. I am with you all the way. Now screw up his next press conference and you will win the TOTUS award of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pull on his cord! That will give him cause to stop and relish the moment (maybe)!

    ReplyDelete